(after Nigella Lawson’s Lazy Loaf)
200g muesli mix
325g wholewheat bread flour
1 x 6g sachet easy-blend yeast
2 teaspoons sea salt
I add a spoonfull of my sourdough mix, sometimes extra raisins or chocolate chips, and heaps of love.
- Mix the muesli, flour, yeast and salt in a bowl and then pour in the milk and water and stir to mix. It will be like thick porridge.
- Transfer to a greased silicone loaf tin.
- Put in a cold oven, turning it immediately on to 110 degrees celsius / gas mark 1 and leave for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes turn the oven up to 180 degrees celsius / gas mark 4 and cook for 1 hour, by which time the bread should be golden and cooked through.
- Slip the loaf out of the tin and, although dense, it should feel slightly hollow when you knock it underneath. You can always slip it back in the oven, out of its tin, for a few minutes if you think it needs more.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool.
Tastes great on its own, with soft cheese or savoury dips.